Open hours this week:
- Thursday: 3–8 p.m. for trap range; 3 p.m. to dusk for rifle, handgun and archery ranges
- Friday: 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
During open hours, the ranges will operate at a limited capacity to comply with social distancing guidelines. Visitors to the Lee Kay are strongly encouraged to practice good hygiene (e.g., wash their hands, etc.) and wear a face mask. You can see details about our hours and the availability of the different ranges below.
Lee Kay Public Shooting Range rules
Shotgun range rules
Safe firearm handling practices are required at the Lee Kay Public Shooting Range. Enjoyable experiences at the range demand it and lives depend on it. Your compliance to these rules is appreciated by our staff, volunteers and guests.
- ALL shooters and guests must check in at the office.
- Carry all uncased firearms with the action open and the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Only 7½, 8 or 9 size shot, maximum of 1,300 feet per second, is allowed on all fields and the pattern board.
- Trap — Only load one shell in your firearm (the only exception is doubles) and only one shot for one bird on trap.
- Skeet and 5-stand — You may load no more than two shells in your firearm.
- Game shooting such as "pick a piece," Annie Oakley, "buddy," "knock-out" or other similar games are not allowed.
- Up to five people are allowed on a field, but only one person may shoot at a time.
- Hearing and eye protection is required for everyone while on the range, whether shooting or observing. "On the range" is considered north of the sidewalk.
- Actions must remain open until your turn to shoot.
- No slugs, buckshot or home defense loads.
- Only shoulder-fired shotguns are allowed on the range.
- When an orange cone is on top of the house, it is either being loaded or worked on. Please step back from the line and open your action.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Smoking is not allowed on the ranges.
- The speed limit in the parking lot and on the property is 10 mph.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Youth under 16 must be under adult supervision at all times.
- No steel shot on the patterning board. Stand-ups and cardboard are available for patterning steel shot.
- Please pick up empty hulls and boxes.
We are looking forward to helping you have a safe, fun, enjoyable experience when you come out to shoot with us. Please familiarize yourself with our rules and let us know if you have any questions.