Information regarding falconry and falconry regulations in Utah
Review this page for state and federal rules governing falconry in Utah, as well as instructions for applying to be a falconer and requirements for current falconers.
2022 peregrine falcon permit application update:
- Seventeen (17) falconry take permits are available in 2022, including sixteen (16) for Utah residents and one (1) for nonresidents.
- No other take limits on sensitive raptor species are posted.
- The 2022 falconry take application period for peregrine falcons will be open between 8 a.m. on Feb. 1, 2022 and 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2022.
- The 2022 peregrine falcon take season will be open between May 1 and Aug. 31, 2022.
- Apply now for a peregrine falcon permit application.
Falconry applications and forms
- Falconry capture report
- Falconry annual report
- Resident apprentice class falconer COR application — (PDF)
- Resident general or master class falconer COR application — (PDF)
- Utah falconry raptor capture permit application — (PDF)
- Falconry program change of address form — (PDF)
- Migratory bird acquisition and disposition report form 3-186A — (PDF)
- Visit our wildlife calendar for application dates, deadlines and season dates.