DWR careers: Come work with us!
Helping conserve wildlife is interesting and fun
Find a job
At the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, we get to work with wildlife every day. It's our passion, we love it, and we are always looking for new employees who feel the same way. If this describes you — and you want a fulfilling, interesting job at the DWR — then you should check out the job links below and come work with us!
Learn more about DWR jobs
Depending on your interests, there are many career paths at the DWR. We hire conservation officers, accountants, heavy equipment operators, fish hatchery personnel, communications specialists and wildlife biologists — to name just a few.
Here's a bit more information about some of these careers and how to prepare for them:
- Becoming a conservation officer
- How to get a job as a DWR biologist?
- Top five reasons to work in fish culture
- A variety of opportunities and adventures (DWR employee blog)
- Conversations with DWR employees (WILD podcast)
See why the DWR is a great place to work
At the DWR, we believe wildlife is valuable to everyone. We serve the people of Utah as trustees and guardians of the state's fish and wildlife, always working to maintain sustainable and diverse populations.
Our work is fun, interesting and rewarding on many levels. These videos highlight some of the exciting work we do:
- Partnering to help Utah's wildlife
- Finding joy in wildlife and the outdoors
- The Utah Wildlife Migration Initiative
- Helping wildlife and habitat through Utah's Watershed Restoration Initiative
- Highlights of working for the DWR