Cache Valley Public Shooting Range
Located west of Logan in the heart of the Cache Valley
The Cache Valley Public Shooting Range is a full-service, public range owned and operated by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. It operates outdoor and indoor ranges year-round. Notable features include shooting clinics and Hunter Education classes.
Location & contact
- 2851 W. 200 North
Logan, UT 84321
- Phone: 435-753-4600
- Range personnel:
- Steven Bassett, manager
- Robert Blanchard, assistant manager
- Sun–Tue: Closed
- Wed–Thurs: 2–7 p.m.
- Fri: 12–7 p.m.
- Sat: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Please note: We do not accept new shooters during the last 30 minutes before the range closes.
Ranges and activities
Archery, handgun, muzzleloader, rifle, shotgun, cowboy action, Hunter Education
Range types and information
The CVPSR offers shotgun, rifle, pistol and archery ranges. These ranges are open to the public. However, ranges may be reserved, so make sure to check the calendar before you visit. To reserve range time, fill out this form and send it to the range.
- Five-stand sporting clays
RIFLE AND PISTOL
- 50-foot indoor .22 range (9 lanes)
- 5- to 50-foot outdoor pistol (17 lanes)
- 25/50-yard outdoor (15 lanes)
- 100/200/300-yard outdoor (14 lanes)
- 20-yard indoor archery (10 lanes)
- Up to 90-meter outdoor archery range
All of the rifle, pistol and archery ranges have paper targets.
FeesFirearms and archery tackle
- Adult day pass (16 years and older): $6.00
- Youth day pass (15 years and under): $3.00
- Adult 10-visit pass (16 years and older): $50.00
- Youth 10-visit pass (15 years and under):$20.00
- Firearm target: $0.25
- Archery target: $0.75
- Trap round: $6.00 per round
- Skeet round: $6.00 per round
- Five-stand round: $8.00 per round (25 birds per round)
- Facility map (PDF — 89.93 KB)
- Range reservation request form (PDF — 147.53 KB)