Dedicated Hunter Program
Greater opportunities to hunt and contribute to Utah's wildlife.
The Dedicated Hunter Program is a service-based hunting program that allows participants to have more time to hunt deer (general season) each year. This program:
- Promotes the overall hunting experience, rather than consistently taking an animal.
- Provides hunters with opportunities to contribute their time to wildlife-related service projects.
- Provides participants with additional education about wildlife management and ethics.
As a result of this program, many important wildlife-related projects are accomplished each year that, otherwise, could not be done.
Before you join
- Learn more about the program
- How to join
- Frequently asked questions
- Contact the Dedicated Hunter Program
Dedicated Hunter participant guide
- How things work — the annual requirements
- Find service projects
- Independent project request
- Program rules
- Monitor your progress
- Pay for your hours online
Want to learn more? Listen to the DWR "Wild" podcast!
DWR Dedicated Hunter and Walk-In Access Coordinator Bryan Christensen talks about Utah's Dedicated Hunter Program: what it is, how it works, why it is a win-win for wildlife conservation and avid hunters, and how to get involved.