General deadlines for Dedicated Hunters
Final dates will be approved by the Utah Wildlife Board at the annual December meeting.
- Late January to early March: Apply for the Dedicated Hunter Program in the big game application.
- Mid-March: Deadline to apply for a big game bonus point, a big game preference point or a Dedicated Hunter preference point.
- Late May: Obtain drawing results.
- June through July: Permits are automatically mailed to Dedicated Hunters who have completed their requirements.
- Mid-August: Archery season opens
- Late September: Muzzleloader season opens
- Late October: Rifle season opens
- December through January: Return unfilled permits.
For exact dates, see the current Big Game Guidebooks.
Service dates and reminders
Projects are available year-round, however, during the winter very few opportunities are offered.
Dedicated Hunters will have the most projects from which to choose during March, April, May and June. Once the hunting season begins, the number of available projects decreases.