With COVID-19 restrictions loosening throughout the state, Hunter Education instructors will begin scheduling instructor-led courses with the following stipulations:
- Classes are limited to a total of 20 people, including the instructor, students, parents and other visitors.
- Masks are required for everyone in the classroom.
- A social distance of at least six feet between individuals from different households will be observed.
These guidelines will also be followed during the in-person field day portion of the course. The virtual field day option will be offered until May 31. If you register for a virtual field day, your Hunter Education instructor will email you detailed instructions on how to complete the field day requirements.
For more information, check the "Additional Instructions" section of the course you wish to register for.
Online bowhunter education
This is a comprehensive, online course for national bowhunter certification. Idaho, Montana, Alaska and several other states require that you complete bowhunter education before you can hunt. The course teaches bowhunting safety, ethics, hunting methods and more.
This course does not fulfill Utah's hunter education requirement for archery hunters born after Dec. 31, 1965. Hunters must complete the hunter education course before they can purchase a hunting license.
Note: The $30 course fee is paid directly to the online course provider.
Ready to take this course?
- Purchase a Utah Bowhunter Education Registration Certificate. Purchase a registration certificate ($6) before completing the online course. You can purchase a certificate on our website.
- Visit the National Bowhunter Education Foundation-approved online course — provided by Kalkomey Enterprises — and complete the online course. Once you have completed the course, you can print a temporary Bowhunter Education Certificate. The temporary certificate is honored in Utah and any other state that requires Bowhunter Education. You should receive your permanent Utah Bowhunter Education Certificate of Completion card in the mail in three to four weeks.