Deployed military point application
Options for active, deployed military personnel
In 2020, the Utah Wildlife Board approved two proposals that provide new opportunities for active, deployed members of the military.
If you qualify, you can now purchase a bonus or preference point, even if you missed an application period while deployed. And when you make that point purchase, the Division will waive the required combination or hunting license fee. To qualify for these exemptions, a military member must:
- Be a resident of Utah
- Be deployed for 90 days or longer outside of Utah on federal orders from military command
- Not have previously received a bonus or preference point for the species and hunt type in the same year
- Otherwise be eligible to receive a bonus or preference point
- Pay a $10 application fee per point received
- Submit an application for the exemption to DWR no later than Dec. 31 of the qualifying year of being deployed
Note: Any applications received between Jan. 1 and June 30 will not be proccessed until after July 1 of the qualifying year.
To apply, fill out the form below: