As of May 27, the Cache Valley Public Shooting Range will be open during its regularly scheduled days and times, but may operate at a limited capacity to comply with social distancing guidelines. Visitors to the range are strongly encouraged to practice good hygiene (e.g., wash their hands, etc.) and wear a face mask.
Cache Valley Public Shooting Range
Located in the west of Logan in the heart of the Cache Valley
The Cache Valley Public Shooting Range is a full-service, public range owned and operated by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. It operates outdoor and indoor ranges year-round. Notable features include shooting clinics and Hunter Education classes.
Location & contact
- 2851 W 200 N
Logan, UT 84321
- Phone: 435-753-4600
- Range personnel:
- Andy Hunter, manager
- Earl Duncombe, assistant manager)
- Summer hours (April–October)
- Sun–Tue: Closed
- Wed–Fri: 3–8 p.m.
- Sat: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Ranges and activities
Archery, handgun, muzzleloader, rifle, shotgun, cowboy action, Hunter Education
Range types and information
The CVPSR offers shotgun, rifle, pistol and archery ranges. These ranges are open to the public. However, ranges may be reserved, so make sure to check the calendar before you visit. To reserve range time, fill out this form and send it to the range.
- Five-stand sporting clays
RIFLE AND PISTOL
- 50-foot indoor .22 range (9 lanes)
- 5- to 50-foot outdoor pistol (17 lanes)
- 25/50-yard outdoor (15 lanes)
- 100/200/300-yard outdoor (14 lanes)
- 20-yard indoor archery (10 lanes)
- Up to 90-meter outdoor archery range
All of the rifle, pistol and archery ranges have paper targets.
FeesFirearms and archery tackle
- Adult day pass (16 years and older): $5.00
- Youth day pass (15 years and under): $2.00
- Adult 10-visit pass (16 years and older): $45.00
- Youth 10-visit pass (15 years and under):$15.00
- Firearm target: $0.25
- Archery target: $0.50
- Trap round: $5.00 per round
- Skeet round: $5.00 per round
- Five-stand round: $7.00 per round (25 birds per round)