Coyote check-in locations and times
Coyote check-ins and reimbursements will occur throughout the year, as long as funding remains available. This schedule will be updated monthly.
- You must complete the online training and registration course before you submit coyotes for reimbursement.
- If you need to store coyotes before submitting them for reimbursement, the DWR requires you to use one of the following methods:
- The best method is to store them in a plastic ziplock bag placed in a freezer. The jaw (at least the front two-thirds of the jaw) and scalp (with both ears attached), however, must be sufficiently thawed so the ears can be notched and a tooth can be removed at the reimbursement location. Before freezing an entire head, place something in the mouth to keep the jaws open completely.
If you don't have a freezer available, place the scalp or pelt and the lower jaw into a paper bag (not a plastic bag) to allow it to dry. Please do not salt or bake jaws.
Important: On the outside of the bag or on a tag attached to each coyote, please write the number that corresponds to the recorded GPS locations and dates killed on the compensation form. Frozen, rotted or unlabeled samples cannot be processed and may be rejected for payment. You are responsible for properly disposing of carcasses.
- You must bring proof that you completed the registration and training course and a filled out compensation form, including the GPS location where the coyote was taken.
- If you do not bring all of the required materials, you will not be reimbursed.
Payments can take up to six weeks to arrive. We process thousands of coyotes at check-ins during fall and winter, and we reimburse hunters as quickly as possible.
Upcoming check-in dates
In response to the current COVID-19 situation and out of an abundance of caution, coyote check-ins have been postponed until further notice. This page will be updated when check-ins will resume. If you have any questions, call 385-266-2497.
By appointment only. To make an appointment in the Central Region, call 801-885-1008.
|Grantsville (Tooele)||Dec. 13||4:00–6:00 p.m.||Deseret Peak Complex
Grantsville, UT 84029
(directions upon appointment)
|Nephi||Dec. 12||4:00–6:00 p.m.||Juab County Fairgrounds
400 W. Center St.
Nephi, UT 84648
|Springville||Dec. 14||4:00–6:00 p.m.||Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
Central Region Office
1115 N. Main St.
Springville, UT 84663
Check-in available upon request. To make an appointment in the Northern Region, call the Ogden office at 801-476-2740.
|Ogden||Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
Northern Region Office
515 E. 5300 South
South Ogden, UT 84405
For additional information about St. George, Enterprise, Cedar City or Kanab, call 435-691-3257 or 435-865-6100. For Beaver, Panguitch, Fillmore or Delta, call 435-868-8286 or 435-865-6100. For Richfield or Loa, call 435-572-5750 or 435-865-6100.
|Beaver||Dec. 11||9:00–10:00 a.m.||Phillips 66
290 S. Main St.
Beaver, UT 84713
|Cedar City||Dec. 15||2:00–3:00 p.m.||Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
Southern Region Office
1470 N. Airport Road
Cedar City, UT 84721
(north entrance into yard, in open shed bay)
|Delta||Dec. 11||4:30–5:30 p.m.||Delta City Library
(at the park across the street, north)
76 N. 200 West
Delta, UT 84624
|Enterprise||Dec. 15||11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (back pavilion)
620 E. Main St.
Enterprise, UT 84725
|Fillmore||Dec. 11||2:00–3:00 p.m.||Fillmore City Park
460 N. Main St.
Fillmore, UT 84631
|Kanab||Dec. 14||2:00–3:00 p.m.||BLM Kanab Visitor Center
745 E. US-89
Kanab, UT 84741
(east side of town by the old golf course)
|Loa||Dec. 12||12:00–1:00 p.m.||Turner Park
(at the pavilion)
100 W. Center St.
Loa, UT 84747
|Panguitch||Dec. 11||11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.||Triple C Arena
50 E. 800 North
Panguitch, UT 84759
|Richfield||Dec. 12||9:00–10:00 a.m.||Sevier County Jeep Posse Building
795 E. 300 North
Richfield, UT 84701
|St. George||Dec. 14||9:30–10:30 a.m.||Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
Washington County Field Office
451 N. SR-318
Hurricane, UT 84737
(Quail Creek Reservoir, rear parking lot)
By appointment only. To make an appointment in the Northeastern Region, call 435-219-1830.