Coyote check-in locations and times
Coyote check-ins and reimbursements will occur throughout the year, as long as funding remains available. This schedule will be updated monthly.
- You must complete the online training and registration course before you submit coyotes for reimbursement.
- If you need to store coyotes before submitting them for reimbursement, the DWR requires you to use one of the following methods:
- The best method is to store them in a plastic ziplock bag placed in a freezer. The jaw (at least the front two-thirds of the jaw) and scalp (with both ears attached), however, must be sufficiently thawed so the ears can be notched and a tooth can be removed at the reimbursement location. Before freezing an entire head, place something in the mouth to keep the jaws open completely.
- If you don't have a freezer available, place the scalp or pelt and the lower jaw into a paper bag (not a plastic bag) to allow it to dry. Please do not salt or bake jaws.
Important: On the outside of the bag or on a tag attached to each coyote, please write the number that corresponds to the recorded GPS locations and dates killed on the compensation form. Frozen, rotted or unlabeled samples cannot be processed and may be rejected for payment. You are responsible for properly disposing of carcasses.
- You must bring proof that you completed the registration and training course and a filled out compensation form, including the GPS location where the coyote was taken.
- If you do not bring all of the required materials, you will not be reimbursed.
Payments can take up to six weeks to arrive. We process thousands of coyotes check-ins during fall and winter. We reimburse hunters as quickly as possible.
Upcoming check-in dates
In response to the current COVID-19 situation and out of an abundance of caution, coyote check-ins have been postponed until further notice. This page will be updated when check-ins will resume. If you have any questions, call 801-450-3656.
Check-ins will be by appointment only. Please contact the appropriate regions, office or the phone numbers listed below to make your appointment. Note: We will be following state and local guidelines regarding COVID-19. If possible, please limit the people who attend your appointment to only the individual that is turning in the coyotes. We also ask that you remain in your vehicle or at a distance until your appointment time. If you have any questions, please call 801-450-3656.
By appointment only. To make an appointment in the Northern Region, call the Ogden office at 801-476-2740.