Deer Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Hot
- Conditions: Water levels are low. You'll find great fishing from the shore near the island. Try using floating Rapala lures for bass. The Island boat ramp is now closed for the off-season. It will reopen on May 12, 2016. While the Island will remain open year round for day-use recreation, all off-season boaters will be required to launch from the park's main boat ramp. The Charleston boat ramp is open to non-motorized vessels only.
Please keep in mind that juvenile quagga mussels have been confirmed in a water sample taken from Deer Creek Reservoir. As such, all watercraft exiting Deer Creek are legally required to decontaminate. Call the state park at 435-654-0171 to check on current conditions or visit Deer Creek on Facebook to see the latest updates. The reservoir is currently 62 percent full.
- Location: Southwest corner of Heber Valley
- Directions: Ten miles south of Heber City on Highway 189
- Type: State park
- Size: 2,960 acres
- Elevation: 5,400 feet
- Likely catch: Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Yellow Perch
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park, ADA camping, ADA trails, RV hookups, food service and showers
- Handicap access:
- Site description: