Silver Lake (American Fork Canyon)
Silver Lake Flat Reservoir is located up American Fork Canyon, just a few miles past Tibble Fork Reservoir. The three-mile stretch of dirt road to Silver Lake Flat is a little bumpy. Water is drawn from the reservoir throughout the summer until it reaches the mandated conservation pool level.
Latest fishing report
Anglers are catching arctic graylings, cutthroats and rainbows. For artic grayling, try using dry-dropper rig or fly behind a bubble setup. Bring a variety of different type and colors of flies. (Last update 08-09-18)
- Location: Located up American Fork Canyon, past Tibble Fork
- Directions: Take UT-144 for 2.5 miles up American Fork Canyon, turn left onto FR-010 for 0.7 miles and then right onto FR-008/Silver Lake Road. Travel on this road for 2.5 miles and the destination will be on your right.
- Type: Fishing
- Elevation: 7,542 feet
- Likely catch: Arctic Grayling, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brook Trout, Cutthroat Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Small parking lot, restroom, no camping within 1/2-mile of the reservoir.
- Handicap access: