Carbon County Community Fishing Pond
The Carbon County Community Fishing Pond is approximately 2.2 acres in size. The pond has a maximum depth of 18 feet with an average depth of 10 feet. The shoreline slopes toward the pond, which makes it so that you can fish the pond's entire perimeter.
Latest fishing report
The Carbon County Community Fishing Pond was stocked on Sept. 11 with 1,000 rainbow trout averaging almost 11 inches long. The pond was also stocked on Aug. 22 with about 500 channel catfish. Try using night crawlers or PowerBait for fish here. When the water freezes over, this pond will close. (Last update 11-15-18)
- Location: South of the softball fields at the fairgrounds
- Directions: Exit Highway 6 at the Price Hospital exit. Travel west approximately 1/2 mile turn south on Fairgrounds Road. Pond is located south of the sofeetball fields.
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 2.2 acres
- Elevation: 5,671 feet
- Hours: 24 hours
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Bluegill
- Possible catch: Largemouth Bass, Wiper, Channel Catfish
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Restrooms
- Handicap access: Universally-accessible sidewalks and fishing platforms