Strawberry Reservoir lies in an open mountain valley with mixed conifer and aspen forests on the upper slopes. The reservoir contains four major fishing zones including the Strawberry Basin, Meadows Basin, the Narrows, and Soldier Creek Basin. Strawberry Valley provides a variety of fishing opportunities from catch and release fishing in the tributaries to trophy cutthroat and rainbow fishing on the reservoir. Most of the fishing pressure and catch occurs from boats. Shoreline fishing is best during the cooler seasons of spring and fall.
Latest fishing report
The reservoir is completely iced over and average thickness is six to seven inches. Ice thickness is six to seven inches near the marina, eight inches at Bryant's Fork, nine to ten inches at Mudd Creek, nine to ten inches at Chicken Creek and five to six inches at the Ladders. There are still areas with unsafe ice. Three snowmobilers fall through the ice recently, but luckily, they're okay. Please continue to use extreme caution wherever you decide to fish. Anglers have been catching several 17- to 22-inch cutthroat trout and the occasional 12- to 16-inch rainbow trout. Try fishing a variety of depths in the 10 to 25 foot water column with 2-inch pink/white, chartreuse/white or silver/glitter tube jigs, white or chartreuse paddle bugs, or silver/white Maniac Custom Lure Cut'R Bugs. We recommend tipping jigs with nightcrawlers, chub meat, store bought minnows/redside shinners or wax worms. (Last update 01-03-19)
- Location: Wasatch County
- Directions: 23 miles southeast of Heber City, Utah on Hwy. 40
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 17,120 acres (maximum)
- Elevation: 7,602 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Kokanee Salmon, Smallmouth Bass
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Boat launching facilities (4 ramps), marina stores, restaurants, campgrounds, sanitary dump stations, Forest Service visitor center, Strawberry River fish trap and egg collection station
- Handicap access: Haws Point handicapped access