Strawberry Reservoir lies in an open mountain valley with mixed conifer and aspen forests on the upper slopes. The reservoir contains four major fishing zones including the Strawberry Basin, Meadows Basin, the Narrows, and Soldier Creek Basin. Strawberry Valley provides a variety of fishing opportunities from catch and release fishing in the tributaries to trophy cutthroat and rainbow fishing on the reservoir. Most of the fishing pressure and catch occurs from boats. Shoreline fishing is best during the cooler seasons of spring and fall.
Latest fishing report
Ice thickness varies depending on location. There is 10 to 12 inches at the Strawberry Bay Marina, 10 or more inches of ice at Mud Creek and Chicken Creek, 7 to 10 inches at Soldier Creek and 7 to nine inches at Salamander Bay. There are many pressure ridges throughout the lake, so please use extreme caution of these ridges as the ice near these locations tends be extremely unreliable. Anglers are catching 16- to 22-inch cutthroats and 14- to 16-inch rainbows. Anglers are catching fish suspended anywhere from 8 to 25 feet of water, as well as 1 to two feet off the bottom. White is the magic color. Try using Maniac Custom Lures Cut'R Bugs with a split tail, tube jigs, paddle bugs, ice flies, or PowerBait Atomic Teasers, and remember to tip with 1/4-inch of nightcrawler, mealworm, maggot or waxworm. Fish are responding to a light jigging technique. If you see that a fish is interested give the jig some light movement to insight a strike. (Last update 02-12-18)
- Location: Wasatch County
- Directions: 23 miles southeast of Heber City, Utah on Hwy. 40
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 17,120 acres (maximum)
- Elevation: 7,602 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Kokanee Salmon, Smallmouth Bass
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Boat launching facilities (4 ramps), marina stores, restaurants, campgrounds, sanitary dump stations, Forest Service visitor center, Strawberry River fish trap and egg collection station
- Handicap access: Haws Point handicapped access