Big Sandwash Reservoir
Big Sandwash Reservoir is a mid-elevation, two-story fishery located near Upalco and Bluebell, Utah. The reservoir was recently enlarged, but the construction eliminated the old camping and angler access areas. There are restrooms and angler access points at the main boatramp on the dam and off of the Bluebell highway. The access turnoff is at 1000 N, but you should see the signs. Fishing should be excellent fishing for yellow perch, smallmouth bass and rainbow trout through 2018.
- Location: Upalco in Duchesne County
- Directions: Take SR-87 west from Highway 40 near Roosevelt. Drive approximately 10 miles to the town of Upalco, turn onto 12000 W and then turn right onto the dirt road heading towards the dam.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 649 acres
- Elevation: 5,920 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Yellow Perch, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Walleye, Largemouth Bass
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: There is a boat ramp and restrooms on the dam, and restrooms at the northern access.
- Handicap access: Yes, at the dam access