Hyrum Reservoir & State Park
Hyrum State Park offers a boat ramp, tent and RV camping, day and group-use area, restrooms, and showers. Reservations may be made online at www.stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.
The park is open 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the summer, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the winter and is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Latest fishing report
Fishing is good for trout. Floating PowerBait off the bottom seems to work the best, but you may also want to try using a worm and marshmallow combination. Anglers are catching some nice-sized fish, but mostly smaller ones. Fewer people are fishing at Hyrum because of the cold weather. (Last updated 11-25-2016)
- Location: Cache County
- Directions: Drive seven miles south of Logan to the city of Hyrum on Highway 165
- Type: State park
- Size: 450 acres
- Elevation: 4,700 feet
- Hours: Summer: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Perch, rainbow trout, bluegill, largemouth bass
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Fishing, boating, swimming, campgrounds, restrooms, showers, a convenience store and close to a town
- Handicap access: Restrooms and some camping areas