Hyrum Reservoir & State Park
Hyrum State Park offers a boat ramp, tent and RV camping, day and group-use area, restrooms, and showers. Reservations may be made online at www.stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.
The park is open 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the summer, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the winter and is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Latest fishing report
The reservoir is capped with 12 to 16 inches of ice with snow and frozen slush on top. Please use extreme caution as the ice conditions continue to change. Fishing is slow and anglers are catching five- to seven-inch perch near the inlet. They are also catching largemouth bass off the bottom and rainbow trout suspended 10 feet under the ice. Try using anything pink or green tipped with perch meat or eyes or a waxworm, teardrop jigs tipped with cut perch meat or perch eyes, olive green Hali jigs tipped with spikes or ice jigs tipped with wax worms. (Last update 02-22-19)
- Location: Cache County
- Directions: Drive seven miles south of Logan to the city of Hyrum on Highway 165
- Type: State park
- Size: 450 acres
- Elevation: 4,700 feet
- Hours: Summer: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Largemouth Bass
- Possible catch: Bluegill
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Fishing, boating, swimming, campgrounds, restrooms, showers, a convenience store and close to a town
- Handicap access: Restrooms and some camping areas