- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Anglers report fair to excellent rainbow fishing from shore and from boats. Worms and artificial baits are working well from shore, while crankbaits and brightly colored spoons are producing for boaters. Some fish are near the surface, while most appear to be deep (about 30 to 40 feet down). The water level remains low, so watch for rocks and sandbars.
- Location: Uintah County
- Directions: Located 15 minutes north of Vernal on Higway 191
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 823 acres
- Elevation: 5,300 feet
- Hours: Park open 6 a.m. to 10 p
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Largemouth Bass, Bluegill
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Boat ramp, campground, restrooms, fish cleaning station
- Handicap access: There are no ADA facilities
- Site description: Steinaker Reservoir is a beautiful State Park located at the foot of the Uinta Mountains. The park has camp sites, restrooms,water, boat ramp and a fish cleaning station. Steinaker has very good rainbow trout, largemouth bass and bluegill fishing. Trophy size brown trout are also caught at Steinaker every year. Steinaker is also a popular swimming, boating and ice fishing water.