Pelican Lake has a nice boat ramp, restrooms and covered picnic tables. There is also a boat dock during the warmer months. There is primitive camping on the south shore and on the DWR Sportsmans Access ground on the north side. There is also a primitive boat ramp on the DWR Sportsmans Access land. The terrain is sage brush, greasewood and cattails with some cottonwood and willow trees. There is a beautiful view of the south slope of the Uinta Mountains. Wind tends to pick up here in the afternoon pushing many of the small boats off. Be aware of wind conditions, especially in smaller boats. Do not get in the water during the summer due to swimmers itch. A new management plan for this water was recently created. The plan identified the need to eradicate common carp in order to restore the renowned Blue Ribbon status for bluegill. This treatment is currently planned for fall 2017, but may occur in fall 2018 if the planned fish screen is not constructed in time. Once fish screen construction is approved, we will increase limits in preparation for the treatment. We also plan to salvage largemouth bass in advance of the treatment. Subscribe to the Northeastern Region fishing report email to get regular updates.
Latest fishing report
Ice anglers report fair to good bass and bluegill fishing throughout the lake. Small chartreuse jigs tipped with mealworms have been productive. (Last update 01-06-17)
- Location: Uintah County
- Directions: Take SR-88 south from Highway 40 for about 10 miles to Randlett Highway. Turn onto this highway and go straight to reach the boat ramp or take an immediate left off the Randlett Highway and follow the signs for sportsmans access.
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 1,680 acres
- Elevation: 4,797 feet
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Largemouth Bass
- Possible catch: Black Bullhead, Channel Catfish, Green Sunfish, Common Carp
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Boat ramp, primitive campground, restrooms, covered picnic tables
- Handicap access: There is handicapped angler access on the jetty next to the boat ramp during high water in the spring.