Small pond stocked with catchable rainbow trout located along Hwy 44. Area surrounded by lodgepole pine and a few aspen. Good area to see deer, elk, small mammals and birds. Wayside interpretive site on the Flaming Gorge-Uintas National Scenic Byway with the theme: "Wildlife Through the Ages."
Latest fishing report
The pond is stocked with catchable-sized rainbow trout and they are very active, but tough to catch! Fly anglers might have the best results. The Fishing with the Fox tagged fish contest ends Aug. 15 and Moose Pond is one of three spots where you can catch tagged fish. If you catch a tagged fish, register it online. (Last update 08-14-18)
- Location: Daggett County
- Directions: Alongside Highway 44, south of Manila, at roughly mile marker 9.5.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: Pond
- Elevation: 8,115 feet
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Scenic Byway pullout provides parking, toilets, trail to water and intrepretive signs
- Handicap access: Trail down almost to the water