High-elevation mountain lake surrounded by lodgepole pine with view of mountain peaks. Excellent wildife viewing opportunities for moose, elk, deer, birds of prey, small mammals and birds.
Whirling disease was discovered in surrounding waters. Please dry and sterilze waders and other equipment before using. Do not clean fish or dump fish parts from other waters in inlet streams or reservoir.
Latest fishing report
Anglers are catching high numbers of tiger trout from 12 to 14 inches. Fish were mostly consuming chironomids and sow bugs. Try fly fishing nymphs (prince or sow bug) early and late in the day. Spin casters should try small spoons (Jake's) and spinners (Panther Martins). If you are getting follows but no hits, try changing the color. (Last update 08-14-18)
- Location: Northeastern Uinta Mountains
- Directions: From Hwy 44 (mile 14.5) turn west on Geologic Loop (FSR 218), left on FSR 221 for about 10 miles, then turn on FSR 1 (7 miles on Spirit Lake road). Also access from FSR 221 from Wyo. Hwy 414 near McKi
- Type: Fishing
- Size: Small
- Elevation: 10,200 feet
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Tiger Trout
- Possible catch: Cutthroat Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Forest Service campground, rustic lodge (cabins), hiking
- Handicap access: