Sheep Creek Lake
Mountain lake surrounded by lodgepole pines and rocky shores. Excellent wildlife viewing opportunities: elk, deer, moose, osprey, small mammals and birds.
Nearby waters contain whirling disease. Please dry and sterilze waders and other equipment before using in Sheep Creek, canal or nearby waters. Also do not clean fish or dump fish parts into Sheep Creek Lake, inlet streams, canal or any other waterbody.
Latest fishing report
The gates are closed for the winter season. Please use extreme caution when accessing the ice, and always drill test holes. Reminder: The trout limit is two fish, and only one may be a cutthroat over 22 inches. All cutthroat trout 22 inches or smaller must be immediately released. (Last update 01-08-19)
- Location: Northeastern Uinta Mountains
- Directions: From Hwy 191 (mile 14.5) turn left on FSR 218 (Geological Loop), turn left onto FSR 221(Spirit Lake turnooff), ~5 miles and turn right on Sheep Creek Road (FSR 9)
- Type: Fishing
- Size: Small
- Elevation: 8,630 feet
- Hours: no restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout
- Possible catch: Brook Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Restroom and primitive camping.
- Handicap access: