Sheep Creek Lake
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: Fishing is fair for nice-sized cutthroat trout using wet flies. Bank fishing is difficult because of the vegetation, so try wading or from fishing a small boat or floattube. The best fishing is during the morning and evening.
- Location: Northeastern Uinta Mountains
- Directions: From Hwy 191 (mile 14.5) turn left on FSR 218 (Geological Loop), turn left onto FSR 221(Spirit Lake turnooff), ~5 miles and turn right on Sheep Creek Road (FSR 9)
- Type: Fishing
- Size: Small
- Elevation: 8,630 feet
- Hours: no restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout
- Possible catch: Brook Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Restroom and primitive camping.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Mountain lake surrounded by lodgepole pines and rocky shores. Excellent wildlife viewing opportunities: elk, deer, moose, osprey, small mammals and birds.
Nearby waters contain whirling disease. Please dry and sterilze waders and other equipment before using in Sheep Creek, canal or nearby waters. Also do not clean fish or dump fish parts into Sheep Creek Lake, inlet streams, canal or any other waterbody.