Conditions last updated: 05/27/2016
Latest fishing report
The pond has been stocked with catfish for the Memorial Day weekend. Try using nightcrawlers, shrimp or chicken livers and fish them on the bottom of the pond. Broodstock hatchery trout have been stocked and are fun to catch. Try fishing PowerBait or worms on the bottom for the best results. You may also try using spinnerbaits, Jake's lures or garlic PowerBait off of the boat ramp, near the bridge or at the docks inside the park. Use crankbaits or floating Rapalas to catch bass near the vegetation. Important: Black crappie were illegally stocked into the pond. The movement of aquatic species is illegal and is considered a class A misdemeanor. Please call the UTIP hotline number (1-800-662-3337) or the DWR's Springville office (801-491-5678) if you have any information about this illegal stocking. (Updated 05-27-2016)
- Location: Salem
- Directions: From I-15 take exit 260 (Spanish Fork) left onto Main St. follow road from Spanish Fork to Salem, in Salem turn south onto Main St. proceed to pond on right.
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 11 acres
- Elevation: 4,570 feet
- Hours: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Channel Catfish, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Parking, restrooms, tables, shade, fishing pier
- Handicap access: Yes
- Site description: