Conditions last updated: 04/29/2016
Latest fishing report
Try using spinnerbaits, Jake's lures or garlic PowerBait. Good spots to fish include the boat ramp, the area near the bridge or the docks inside the park. Use crankbaits or floating Rapalas to catch bass near the vegetation. Be aware that the annual Salem Pond fishing day will occur on May 10 from 8 a.m. to 3 pm. We excpect about 1,400 students (plus volunteers) that day, so please plan accordingly. Important: Black crappie were illegally stocked into the pond. The movement of aquatic species is illegal and is considered a class A misdemeanor. Please call the UTIP hotline number (1-800-662-3337) or the DWR's Springville office (801-491-5678) if you have any information about this illegal stocking. (Updated 04-29-2016)
- Location: Salem
- Directions: From I-15 take exit 260 (Spanish Fork) left onto Main St. follow road from Spanish Fork to Salem, in Salem turn south onto Main St. proceed to pond on right.
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 11 acres
- Elevation: 4,570 feet
- Hours: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Channel Catfish, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Parking, restrooms, tables, shade, fishing pier
- Handicap access: Yes
- Site description: