Ferron Reservoir lies in an attractive alpine basin east of the Skyline Drive on the Wasatch Plateau. Ferron is near Willow Lake and Duck Fork Reservoir. Snow at the reservoir usually lasts well into late spring, and summer storms can make roads very slick.
Latest fishing report
Ferron Reservoir and several other waters on the Manti-La Sal National Forest are likely inaccessible to highway vehicles due to recent snowfall. (Last update 02-05-19)
- Location: Sanpete County
- Directions: Drive on improved gravel Forest Service roads 28 miles west of Ferron or 19 miles east of Mayfield
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 57 acres
- Elevation: 9,472 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Brook Trout, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Colorado River Cutthroat Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: An unimproved boat ramp, private campground, primitive camping and hiking
- Handicap access: Limited; around the unimproved ramp