Holmes Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: There haven't been many anglers out fishing the reservoir. Some anglers have been fishing from the shore while others have been fishing from kayaks and inflatable rafts. Some shore anglers caught 9-inch trout using PowerBait under a bobber. The trout are active and can be seen jumping at the surface throughout the day. Don't forget to obtain your Walk-in Access authorization number and sign in at the box before visiting the reservoir.
- Location: Davis County
- Directions: In Layton, turn west off US-89 onto Gentile Street (just north of 1200 North)
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 35 acres
- Elevation: 4,757 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Bullhead Catfish, Common Carp, Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Walleye
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: None
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: This pond is located in Layton has several species of fish. The 35 acre pond is one of the larger community waters. There is no swimming, floating or boating allowed on the reservoir. Access around the reservoir is good, however, it does require some walking. The vegetation around the reservoir can be quite dense, which makes fishing difficult — especially in the spring.