- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Water levels are shallow near the marina. Try fishing in the early morning or late afternoon for the best results. Catfishing has been hot, especially near the Lindon marina. Try using carp or white bass meat tipped on your hooks. White bass have been very active in the early morning hours near the boat ramps. They are biting on small tube jigs. Largemouth bass fishing has been slow, but try throwing spinnerbaits and crankbaits near the reeds. Please use caution when launching your boats. Carp are very active and being seen all around the lakeshore. Water temperatures are hovering right around or below 75° F at midday. Mosquitoes have started to appear, so take some bug repellent when you're out. Northern pike have been seen and caught in the Hobble Creek tributary, west of I-15. If you catch any northern pike of any size in Utah Lake or its tributaries, please bring it to the DWR office in Springville (1115 N. Main Street) or the Utah Lake State Park office off of Center Street. The lake is currently 61 percent full.
- Location: Utah County
- Directions: Access from many locations in Utah County. The state park is three miles west of I-15, from exit 268 in Provo. For more information on conditions, call Utah Lake State Park at (801) 375-0731.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 96,600 acres
- Elevation: 4,500 feet
- Likely catch: Bullhead Catfish, Common Carp, Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Walleye, White Bass
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Restrooms, camping, fishing, picnicking, boating
- Handicap access: Yes
- Site description: Utah Lake is Utah's largest freshwater lake and is a popular fishing destination. It offers channel catfish, walleye, white bass, black bass and several different species of panfish. Utah Lake State Park provides public east shore access to the 96,600-acre lake for power boating, sailing, canoeing or kayaking, and also provides camping and day-use facilities.