Willard Bay Reservoir
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Fishing should improve when the weather cools. Wiper fishing is good all over the bay. Boat anglers are catching a lot of healthy wipers all over the lake. Fishing on the northwest side of the lake has been hot. Many boat anglers report seeing a lot of shad boils all over the lake, and these boils make wipers very active. Morning has been the most productive time to catch fish, but you can catch fish throughout the day. Shore anglers are also catching wipers, but the north and south marinas are the only access points for shore fishing.
The water temperature is in the mid-60s. Water levels have remained steady for the last two weeks, but they are still very low so use caution in any vessel. The South Marina launch is about 2.5 feet deep and the North Marina launch is about 4.5 feet deep. Most of the outer dike is closed because of construction, so keep an eye out for signs. Citations are being issued to those who pass the No Trespassing or Access for construction vehicles only signs.
- Location: Box Elder County
- Directions: Traveling north on I 15, take the exit just north of Smith & Edwards and go west following the signs or go to the Willard exit and go west.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 9,900 acres
- Elevation: 4,223 feet
- Hours: Open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Wiper
- Possible catch: Bluegill, Common Carp, Largemouth Bass, Yellow Perch
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with 2 boat ramps and fish cleaning stations, camping and day-use sites.
- Handicap access: Some near marinas
- Site description: Boat, swim, waterski, and fish on the warm waters of Willard Bay. Camp under tall cottonwood trees that frame the night sky. During winter months, Willard Bay is a wildlife watching area for nesting eagles. Two areas, North and South Marinas, offer all the amenities for a weekend at the Bay.