Latest fishing report
Fishing is good for anglers using jigs. The state park reported five to six inches of ice last weekend around most of the reservoir, and seven to nine around the dam. The recent rain and warmer weather, however, means that you should be very cautious on the edges of the reservoir because there is open water. One angler reported patches of unsafe ice — especially near the edges. (Last update 01-13-17)
- Location: Summit County
- Directions: From I-80 at Wanship head south on Hwy 189 for about two miles.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 1,189 acres
- Elevation: 6,038 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with boat ramp, camping and restrooms.
- Handicap access: Limited to boat ramp area