Conditions last updated: 08/26/2016
Warning: date_format() expects parameter 1 to be DateTimeInterface, string given in /hosts/udwr-prod/var/www/html/hotspots/detailed.php on line 131
Latest fishing report
Fishing at Rockport continues to be slow. Anglers seem to have the best success in the early morning hours. Try fishing along the eastern shoreline with cheese-flavored PowerBait. The fish are still in deep water, around 25 to 30 feet down. Smallmouth bass fishing is still good. Try focusing on the west side of the reservoir or near the dam. Water levels continue to drop, leaving the reservoir with about half of a launch ramp. (Updated 08-26-2016)
- Location: Summit County
- Directions: From I-80 at Wanship head south on Hwy 189 for about two miles.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 1,189 acres
- Elevation: 6,038 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with boat ramp, camping and restrooms.
- Handicap access: Limited to boat ramp area
- Site description: