- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Bass fishing is hot, but trout fishing is slow. The water temperature is in the mid-70s on the surface, so fish have gone down to depths of about 30 feet. So try using leaded line or downriggers, or fishing in the early morning or late evening. If you're fishing from the bank, try to fish off of the steeper banks.
Remember to certify that your vessel is clean and free of quagga mussels. You can find forms at the top of most boat ramps. Thoroughly clean, drain and dry your boat after every outing, especially if you have boated at Lake Powell or Deer Creek. Read more about the decontamination process.
- Location: Summit County
- Directions: From I-80 at Wanship head south on Hwy 189 for about two miles.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 1,189 acres
- Elevation: 6,038 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with boat ramp, camping and restrooms.
- Handicap access: Limited to boat ramp area
- Site description: