East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.
Latest fishing report
One angler report from Feb. 10 said that the reservoir was 50 percent covered in ice and all of that ice was unsafe. Do not attempt to walk on any remaining ice. Shore fishing has been fair. One family of anglers reported catching a couple rainbow trout this week. (Last update 02-15-18)
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Wiper, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout, Splake, Kokanee Salmon
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas