East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Anglers report good fishing from boats and from the shore. Most anglers are catching their limits. Shore anglers are using garlic-rainbow PowerBait or a worm and marshmallow combination. Most anglers seem to be having the best success on the south side of the reservoir, near the inlet and near the point just west of the boat ramp. You can now dock your boat. Please remember to put the completed quagga mussel inspection form on your dashboard. If no one is at the gate when you come in to pay, go to the boat ramp and pick up a blank form at our big quagga mussel sign. If you don't have the form on your dashboard, you will receive a citation. Many thanks to Park Ranger Kent Cummings for the report.
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas
- Site description: East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.