East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.
Latest fishing report
The reservoir is capped with 10 to 19 inches of ice with snow and slush on top. The edges are soft however; the colder temperatures will hopefully harden them up. Fishing is slow to fair; the bite dies off in the afternoon. Anglers are catching rainbow trout in 14 to 20 feet of water, 6 to 14 feet down. Try using a green jig head on a white paddle bug tipped with a waxworm, small green tube jig, green atomic teaser with an orange tail tipped with corn or chartreuse PowerBait, green ratfinkees or tungsten jig tipped with a waxworm. Highway 65 is closed for the winter, however; you can still get to the park via I-84 Morgan or Hennifer. (Last update 02-22-19)
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Wiper, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout, Splake, Kokanee Salmon
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas