East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.
Latest fishing report
Fishing is good for most anglers. On October 11, two anglers caught 10 rainbow trout in the 12- to 16-inch range in four hours using PowerBait with a slip rig. On October 12, Brad Torgersen fished the stretch of rocks between the boat ramp and the dam from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and caught 13 rainbows using various spoons. He had the most success with the fire tiger spoon (neon orange and yellow with black stripes), but he also caught fish with a classic Coca-Cola-pattern Eppinger spoon, a black-and-white Eppinger, and a brown trout pattern spoon. The smallest fish was about eight inches and the largest was 14 inches. (Last updated 10-14-2016)
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas