Bear Lake provides a cold-water sport fishery mainly for cutthroat and lake trout. A Utah or Idaho fishing license is valid on the entire lake.
Bear Lake is located in a beautiful mountain setting and the blue color is produced by suspended carbonates in the water that reflect blue light.
Bear Lake and its tributaries have a number of special regulations. Please see the Fishing Guidebook for more information.
Latest fishing report
Fishing is good. Pugstone Sporting in Garden City is sponsoring a whitefish fishing derby Dec. 15–17. For more information, call the Pugstone Shop at 435-946-2855. (Last update 12-09-16)
- Location: Northern Utah
- Directions: From Logan, drive 38 miles east on Highway 89
- Type: State park
- Size: 70,000 acres
- Elevation: 5,924 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout, Lake Trout
- Possible catch: Bonneville Cisco
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Open to fishing for all ages
- Handicap access: This lake has handicap access in certain areas.