- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Hoop Lake is accessible by vehicle. The lake is still mostly covered with ice, but there is enough open water to fish, and the fishing is good. Stateline Reservoir is not accessible but should open up within a week or so. Whitney Reservoir is not accessible, and it may take a few weeks until conditions improve. Mirror Lake Highway is open to mile marker 22, Murdock Basin Road. Beaver Creek is running faster and higher than last week. The Provo River is higher, faster and dirtier than last week. Vehicles can get to Smith Morehouse Reservoir and there is some open water you can fish. Check the UDOT website for updates on seasonal road closures. Personnel at the Kamas Fish Hatchery regularly fish the lakes of the Uintas and can answer questions about access and fishing conditions. You can reach them at 435-783-4883.
- Location: Duchesne County, in the Uinta Mountains
- Directions: High in the Uinta Mountains along US Hwy 150 about 30 miles east of Kamas and 35 miles south of Evanston, Wyoming
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 2,000 acres
- Elevation: 10,017 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brook trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Beautiful scenery, non-motorized boating, nearby campground and primitive camping, hiking, backpacking
- Handicap access: Minimal
- Site description: This high-elevation natural mountain lake is surrounded by tall peaks and conifers, and lies just off the main highway. Close to other lakes along the "Mirror Lake Highway" (US 150), the entire area is heavily used by recreationalists during the brief summer months.