Millsite Reservoir & State Park
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Our last report indicated hot fishing. On Nov. 19, State Park Manager Jonathan Hunt trolled the southwest side of the reservoir and couldn't keep the trout off his hook. Most fish were small, except for one fat trout that measured 18 inches. Tom Ogden and Perry Bunderson fished from kick boats the same day. Together, they caught four splake, nine rainbows and 11 cutthroats from 11-18 inches long. They fished the upper end of the reservoir using sinking line and size 6-8 flies. Patterns included crystal buggers, soft hackle flies and Canada blood leeches. Most of the fish were hooked in 9-20 feet of water.
- Location: Emery County
- Directions: Located off Utah State Road 10 at Ferron, four miles west on Ferron Canyon Road.
- Type: State park
- Size: 440 acres
- Elevation: 6,100 feet
- Hours: 6 am to 10 pm (summer)
- Likely catch:
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campsites, RV facilities, showers, boating, nearby golf course and mountain biking
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Millsite State Park offers a boat ramp, tent and RV camping, day-use area, restrooms, showers, and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at www.stateparks.com or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.