Big Sandwash Reservoir
- Rating: Slow
- Conditions: The reservoir hasn't iced over yet, and water levels are now rising. The last report was slow to fair fishing for rainbows. We haven't received any reports on bass or yellow perch fishing. Most anglers report better fishing for a few hours mid-morning, then picking up again in late afternoon. Trout can be anywhere in the water column, and the bass and perch are going deeper. Try trout baits such as a worm-and-marshmallow combination or floating PowerBait near the bottom. Also, try going deep — or even just a few feet below the surface — with a sinking fly, crankbait, jig or brightly colored spoon.
- Location: Bluebell in Duchesne County
- Directions: Take SR-87 west from Highway 40 near Roosevelt. Drive approximately 10 miles to the town of Bluebell.
- Type: Fishing
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: A boat ramp, camping and restrooms are planned.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Big Sandwash Reservoir is a mid elevation rainbow trout water located near Altamont and Bluebell Utah. The reservoir has recently been enlarged and because of construction, the old camping and angler access areas have been eliminated. A camping area is being developed below the new boat ramp. Angler access and restrooms are also being developed on the North Shore of the reservoir near the old highway. There are no camping or restroom facilities at the present time. There is a new boat ramp however, and the public can launch there. Expect excellent rainbow trout fishing for the next several years.