Big Sandwash Reservoir
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: Anglers report fair to good fishing for rainbow trout and bass from the bank and from boats. With the summer weather, trout will go deeper, so try fishing just above the bottom with trout baits like a worm and marshmallow or PowerBait. Lure anglers should fish deep with a crankbait, jig or brightly colored spoon. Try curly-tailed jigs and crankbaits cast into and along the rocky bank. An underwater knoll is a great place to find bass. The boat ramp is easily accessible.
- Location: Bluebell in Duchesne County
- Directions: Take SR-87 west from Highway 40 near Roosevelt. Drive approximately 10 miles to the town of Bluebell.
- Type: Fishing
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: A boat ramp, camping and restrooms are planned.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Big Sandwash Reservoir is a mid elevation rainbow trout water located near Altamont and Bluebell Utah. The reservoir has recently been enlarged and because of construction, the old camping and angler access areas have been eliminated. A camping area is being developed below the new boat ramp. Angler access and restrooms are also being developed on the North Shore of the reservoir near the old highway. There are no camping or restroom facilities at the present time. There is a new boat ramp however, and the public can launch there. Expect excellent rainbow trout fishing for the next several years.