Big Sandwash Reservoir
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: Fishing is slow to fair for rainbows, bass and yellow perch from the bank and from boats. Temperatures are beginning to cool down, but you'll still find the best fishing in the morning and evening hours. Trout, bass and perch are still in deeper waters, so try fishing just above the bottom with trout baits such as a worm-and-marshmallow combination or PowerBait. Boaters are reporting suspended schools of perch and rainbows, roughly 30–40 feet down. Bass anglers are catching fish deep with a sinking fly, crankbait, jig or brightly colored spoon. Water levels are low, but you can still launch a boat from the ramp.
- Location: Bluebell in Duchesne County
- Directions: Take SR-87 west from Highway 40 near Roosevelt. Drive approximately 10 miles to the town of Bluebell.
- Type: Fishing
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: A boat ramp, camping and restrooms are planned.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Big Sandwash Reservoir is a mid elevation rainbow trout water located near Altamont and Bluebell Utah. The reservoir has recently been enlarged and because of construction, the old camping and angler access areas have been eliminated. A camping area is being developed below the new boat ramp. Angler access and restrooms are also being developed on the North Shore of the reservoir near the old highway. There are no camping or restroom facilities at the present time. There is a new boat ramp however, and the public can launch there. Expect excellent rainbow trout fishing for the next several years.