Big Sandwash Reservoir
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: We heard a secondhand report of some ice near the shores, so launching boats may be difficult. The last fishing reports we received were fair to good fishing for rainbows. Anglers were catching a few browns, too. Water temperatures are cool, and there has been an increase in catch rates as the trout move back up into the shallower waters and become more accessible. We'll likely see some ice after this next set of storms.
- Location: Bluebell in Duchesne County
- Directions: Take SR-87 west from Highway 40 near Roosevelt. Drive approximately 10 miles to the town of Bluebell.
- Type: Fishing
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: A boat ramp, camping and restrooms are planned.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Big Sandwash Reservoir is a mid elevation rainbow trout water located near Altamont and Bluebell Utah. The reservoir has recently been enlarged and because of construction, the old camping and angler access areas have been eliminated. A camping area is being developed below the new boat ramp. Angler access and restrooms are also being developed on the North Shore of the reservoir near the old highway. There are no camping or restroom facilities at the present time. There is a new boat ramp however, and the public can launch there. Expect excellent rainbow trout fishing for the next several years.