Big Sandwash Reservoir
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: You'll find fair fishing for rainbows from the bank and from a boat. Fishing has slowed for bass and yellow perch. Temperatures are beginning to cool down. The best fishing times vary, which is common in the fall. An angler recently reported faster fishing during a couple of hours in the middle of the morning. Trout are beginning to move up in the water column. Bass and perch are still in deeper water, so try fishing just above the bottom. Trout baits, such as a worm-and-marshmallow combination or PowerBait, work well on the bottom. Also try fishing a few feet below the surface with a sinking fly, crankbait, jig or brightly colored spoon. Water levels are low, but you can still launch a boat from the ramp.
- Location: Bluebell in Duchesne County
- Directions: Take SR-87 west from Highway 40 near Roosevelt. Drive approximately 10 miles to the town of Bluebell.
- Type: Fishing
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: A boat ramp, camping and restrooms are planned.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Big Sandwash Reservoir is a mid elevation rainbow trout water located near Altamont and Bluebell Utah. The reservoir has recently been enlarged and because of construction, the old camping and angler access areas have been eliminated. A camping area is being developed below the new boat ramp. Angler access and restrooms are also being developed on the North Shore of the reservoir near the old highway. There are no camping or restroom facilities at the present time. There is a new boat ramp however, and the public can launch there. Expect excellent rainbow trout fishing for the next several years.