Birch Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Unstable ice
- Conditions: DWR personnel drilled test holes in the ice on Dec. 4 and found good, hard ice between two and five inches thick — use extreme caution if you venture out. Sub-zero temperatures could be life threatening if you go through the ice. Fishing is good for rainbow trout and tiger trout. The road over Monte Cristo is now closed. You can reach the reservoir by traveling through Logan Canyon or Evanston.
- Location: Rich County
- Directions: About 7 miles west of Woodruff, UT on the Monte Cristo Rd.
- Type: Fishing
- Elevation: ~6,800 feet
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Tiger Trout
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: A Bureau of Land Management campsite, open parking area, vault toilets.
- Handicap access:
- Site description: Road goes to base of dam. Need to hike up dam to access reservoir. Float tubes, ice fishing, shorefishing are the most popular