- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Roger from Smitty's Tire and Service reports fair fishing for brown trout. The browns are concentrating on digging their redds (spawning areas) as they prepare to spawn. Nymphs seem to work best this time of year. Try using egg patterns, Prince nymphs (in size 16 or 18), sow bugs, Copper Johns, blue-wing olives (in size 18 or 20) or Parachute Adams. For spinners and lures, try using small Rapalas with a brown trout or rainbow trout pattern. Be careful and do not step on the redds while fishing. Watch this helpful video to learn more about redds and how to spot them.
- Location: Northern Utah
- Directions: The River runs along I84
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 75 miles
- Elevation: 4900-10,000 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Brown Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Mountain Whitefish, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Brook Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Some camping in National Forests
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: