Blacksmith Fork River
Conditions last updated: 06/25/2016
Latest fishing report
The water has cleared up. Look for dry fly action in the later evening and mid-morning hours. Pale morning duns (PMDs) and caddis are good choices. The green drake hatch will begin soon and should certainly grab the attention of some big fish. In the meantime, beetles and small hoppers for attractor patterns could be your ticket. Effective nymphing patterns include a San Juan worm or any green or yellow beadhead in sizes 16 or 18. (Updated 06-25-2016)
- Location: Northern Utah
- Directions: Go south form Logan to Highway 101 in Hyrum, and go east on Highway 101. The river runs along the Highway.
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 15 Miles
- Elevation: 4757 to 7700 feet
- Hours: N0 restrictions
- Likely catch: Brown Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Mountain Whitefish, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Limited camping
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: