- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: Anglers reported fair fishing for rainbows, bass and bluegill, especially in the early morning and in between evening windstorms. The reservoir is quite low, so watch for submerged sandbars, humps and rocks. The trout are deeper, avoiding the warmer waters that attract the bass and bluegill. Try fishing deep with trout baits and deep-diving lures. For bass, try rocky points, and for bluegill, focus on the flats or just off the dam in roughly 20 to 25 feet of water.
- Location: Uintah County
- Directions: Located 15 minutes north of Vernal on Higway 191
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 823 acres
- Elevation: 5,300 feet
- Hours: Park open 6 a.m. to 10 p
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Largemouth Bass, Bluegill
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Boat ramp, campground, restrooms, fish cleaning station
- Handicap access: There are no ADA facilities
- Site description: Steinaker Reservoir is a beautiful State Park located at the foot of the Uinta Mountains. The park has camp sites, restrooms,water, boat ramp and a fish cleaning station. Steinaker has very good rainbow trout, largemouth bass and bluegill fishing. Trophy size brown trout are also caught at Steinaker every year. Steinaker is also a popular swimming, boating and ice fishing water.