- Rating: Good
- Conditions: The surface is covered with ice. We've heard varying reports of ice thickness, ranging from about six to eight inches. Anglers report fair to good fishing for rainbows and browns. We haven't heard much on bluegill, but there was one report that the fishing really turned on right at sunset. The bluegill were in 25 to 35 feet of water and right on the bottom. The reservoir is filling, so there is thin ice along the shoreline. Cross one at a time and check the ice carefully.
- Location: Uintah County
- Directions: Located 15 minutes north of Vernal on Higway 191
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 823 acres
- Elevation: 5,300 feet
- Hours: Park open 6 a.m. to 10 p
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Largemouth Bass, Bluegill
- Possible catch: Brown Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Boat ramp, campground, restrooms, fish cleaning station
- Handicap access: There are no ADA facilities
- Site description: Steinaker Reservoir is a beautiful State Park located at the foot of the Uinta Mountains. The park has camp sites, restrooms,water, boat ramp and a fish cleaning station. Steinaker has very good rainbow trout, largemouth bass and bluegill fishing. Trophy size brown trout are also caught at Steinaker every year. Steinaker is also a popular swimming, boating and ice fishing water.