- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: The lake is covered with fishable ice. You can access the lake by skis or snowmobile, but the roads are closed. Spirit Lake was restocked with catchable-sized tiger trout this summer. Tamarak and Jessen were also stocked with tiger trout. Two- to three-inch fingerlings were flown into these upper lakes and they will take two or three years to reach catchable sizes. This high-elevation area is receiving snow.
- Location: Northeastern Uinta Mountains
- Directions: From Hwy 44 (mile 14.5) turn west on Geologic Loop (FSR 218), left on FSR 221 for about 10 miles, then turn on FSR 1 (7 miles on Spirit Lake road). Also access from FSR 221 from Wyo. Hwy 414 near McKi
- Type: Fishing
- Size: Small
- Elevation: 10,200 feet
- Hours: 24/7
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Cutthroat Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Forest Service campground, rustic lodge (cabins), hiking
- Handicap access:
- Site description: High-elevation mountain lake surrounded by lodgepole pine with view of mountain peaks. Excellent wildife viewing opportunities for moose, elk, deer, birds of prey, small mammals and birds.
Whirling disease was discovered in surrounding waters. Please dry and sterilze waders and other equipment before using. Do not clean fish or dump fish parts from other waters in inlet streams or reservoir.