Conditions last updated: 06/23/2016
Latest fishing report
The pond has been heavily stocked with channel catfish and trout, but it won't be stocked again until August, so take advantage of high catch rates now. Wipers were also stocked into the pond last week, so be on the lookout for that new addition. If you're targeting catfish, try using nightcrawlers, shrimp or chicken livers on the bottom of the pond. You may also try using spinnerbaits, Jake's lures and garlic PowerBait fished from the boat ramp, near the bridge or at the docks inside the park. Use crankbaits or floating Rapalas to catch bass near the vegetation. Important: Black crappie were illegally stocked into the pond. The movement of aquatic species is illegal and is considered a class A misdemeanor. Please call the UTIP hotline number (1-800-662-3337) or the DWR's Springville office (801-491-5678) if you have any information about this illegal stocking. (Updated 06-23-2016)
- Location: Salem
- Directions: From I-15 take exit 260 (Spanish Fork) left onto Main St. follow road from Spanish Fork to Salem, in Salem turn south onto Main St. proceed to pond on right.
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 11 acres
- Elevation: 4,570 feet
- Hours: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Channel Catfish, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch:
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Parking, restrooms, tables, shade, fishing pier
- Handicap access: Yes
- Site description: