Holmes Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: The recent storms improved the clarity of the water in front of the dam. The water is fairly clear with good visibility. The water temperature is around 37°F, which is still too warm for ice to accumulate.
Please remember to show respect and pick up your trash at this privately owned waterbody. And don't forget to obtain your Walk-in Access authorization number before visiting the reservoir.
- Location: Davis County
- Directions: In Layton, turn west off US-89 onto Gentile Street (just north of 1200 North)
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 35 acres
- Elevation: 4,757 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Bullhead Catfish, Common Carp, Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Walleye
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: None
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: This pond is located in Layton has several species of fish. The 35 acre pond is one of the larger community waters. There is no swimming, floating or boating allowed on the reservoir. Access around the reservoir is good, however, it does require some walking. The vegetation around the reservoir can be quite dense, which makes fishing difficult — especially in the spring.