Holmes Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: The water levels have dropped farther below the dam. Holmes receives fair fishing pressure. There is a film floating on the surface of the water and the temperature is about 65°F. Trout are still active and can be seen jumping at the surface. Please respect this privately owned pond by picking up trash. Don't forget to obtain your Walk-in Access authorization number before visiting this privately owned pond.
Nearby Andy Adams was stocked with rainbow trout on Sept. 10. Hobbs Reservoir is now open. Remember, artificial flies and lures only. Please see the Utah Fishing Guidebook for more details.
- Location: Davis County
- Directions: In Layton, turn west off US-89 onto Gentile Street (just north of 1200 North)
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 35 acres
- Elevation: 4,757 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Bullhead Catfish, Common Carp, Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Walleye
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: None
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: This pond is located in Layton has several species of fish. The 35 acre pond is one of the larger community waters. There is no swimming, floating or boating allowed on the reservoir. Access around the reservoir is good, however, it does require some walking. The vegetation around the reservoir can be quite dense, which makes fishing difficult — especially in the spring.