Holmes Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Angling pressure is light and anglers report good trout fishing. Anglers are fishing on the west side of reservoir adjacent to the dam and are using orange PowerBait, letting it float just off the bottom. The water temperature is around 44°F. Please remember Please remember that Holmes Creek Reservoir is on private property. You must obtain a Walk-in Access authorization number and sign in before you fish.
- Location: Davis County
- Directions: In Layton, turn west off US-89 onto Gentile Street (just north of 1200 North)
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 35 acres
- Elevation: 4,757 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Bullhead Catfish, Common Carp, Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Walleye
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: None
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: This pond is located in Layton has several species of fish. The 35 acre pond is one of the larger community waters. There is no swimming, floating or boating allowed on the reservoir. Access around the reservoir is good, however, it does require some walking. The vegetation around the reservoir can be quite dense, which makes fishing difficult — especially in the spring.