Holmes Creek Reservoir
- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: The ice has thickened up since last week. There is two inches of thin, unstable ice along the rocky and western shore, and four inches of good ice along the edge on the west side. In the middle of the reservoir the ice is 6-7.5 inches thick. Because ice thickness varies — and can change quickly in warmer weather — please use extreme caution and common sense. Please remember to show respect and pick up your trash at this privately owned waterbody. And don't forget to obtain your Walk-in Access authorization number before visiting the reservoir.
- Location: Davis County
- Directions: In Layton, turn west off US-89 onto Gentile Street (just north of 1200 North)
- Type: Community Fishing
- Size: 35 acres
- Elevation: 4,757 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Bluegill, Bullhead Catfish, Common Carp, Channel Catfish, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Walleye
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: None
- Handicap access: None
- Site description: This pond is located in Layton has several species of fish. The 35 acre pond is one of the larger community waters. There is no swimming, floating or boating allowed on the reservoir. Access around the reservoir is good, however, it does require some walking. The vegetation around the reservoir can be quite dense, which makes fishing difficult — especially in the spring.