Conditions last updated: 09/29/2016
Latest fishing report
Fishing at Rockport is improving. Fish weren't biting during last week's storm, but now anglers are starting to see some activity. The water temperature is in the 60s and the water level is dropping. Anglers in boats are doing well trolling along the eastern side of the reservoir. The fish are still deep, suspended in 20 feet of water. The best time to fish from a boat is early morning. Shore anglers aren't having much luck. The river is still active and anglers are catching brown trout. The docks were pulled in this week, but there is a wedge dock present. (Updated 09-29-2016)
- Location: Summit County
- Directions: From I-80 at Wanship head south on Hwy 189 for about two miles.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 1,189 acres
- Elevation: 6,038 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with boat ramp, camping and restrooms.
- Handicap access: Limited to boat ramp area
- Site description: