Conditions last updated: 07/22/2016
Latest fishing report
Rockport fishing is still productive in the early-morning hours. Anglers are using worms and pop gear. The fish are deep, and the best way to catch them is by trolling in about 25 to 30 feet of water. Anglers seem to be doing well along the dam and in the southeastern portion of the reservoir. Garlic or cheese PowerBait seems to be the choice this week. Fly-fishing has increased along the inlet and below the dam on the Weber River. Those who are fly-fishing have found the most success about an hour before sunset, when it finally starts to cool down. (Updated 07-22-2016)
- Location: Summit County
- Directions: From I-80 at Wanship head south on Hwy 189 for about two miles.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 1,189 acres
- Elevation: 6,038 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with boat ramp, camping and restrooms.
- Handicap access: Limited to boat ramp area
- Site description: