Conditions last updated: 08/11/2016
Warning: date_format() expects parameter 1 to be DateTimeInterface, string given in /hosts/udwr-prod/var/www/html/hotspots/detailed.php on line 131
Latest fishing report
Fishing at Rockport continues to be slow. Anglers are going out early in the morning and catching one or two rainbow trout. Smallmouth fishing is picking up, because the water temperatures are in the mid 70s. If you're targeting smallmouth, try fishing by the spillway on the east side of the reservoir, or the dam itself. Water levels continue to drop. Brown trout (16 to 18 inches long) are biting in water below the dam. Anglers are doing well fishing late evening hours. (Updated 08-11-2016)
- Location: Summit County
- Directions: From I-80 at Wanship head south on Hwy 189 for about two miles.
- Type: Fishing
- Size: 1,189 acres
- Elevation: 6,038 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Yellow Perch, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: State Park with boat ramp, camping and restrooms.
- Handicap access: Limited to boat ramp area
- Site description: