East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
- Rating: Hot
- Conditions: Park Manager Chris Haramoto reports that anglers are catching rainbow trout from boats and the shoreline, using standard baits and lures. Trout are very active in the cooler water, resulting in great fishing for anglers. Thanks to Chris for his report.
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas
- Site description: East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.