East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Boat anglers are having great success trolling and catching rainbows. You can still launch a boat until the reservoir freezes. There aren't many shore anglers fishing. The first leg of Wasatch Back Quad-fishalon will be at East Canyon on January 31. The Quad-fishalon is four ice-fishing tournaments at four separate reservoirs. You can choose to enter one or all. Cabela's is sponsoring the event and will award an ultimate ice fishing package worth thousands of dollars. Thanks to Park Manager Chris Haramoto and Park Ranger Kent Cummings for that report!
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas
- Site description: East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.