East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: There were not any anglers out this past week. The week before, anglers reported good fishing using pop gear and rainbow-colored lures. Shore anglers recommended rainbow PowerBait or a worm and marshmallow combination. There is no ice yet. The wedge dock will stay in the water until the lake freezes. The first leg of Wasatch Back Quad-fishalon will be at East Canyon on January 31. The Quad-fishalon is four ice fishing tournaments at four separate reservoirs. You can choose to enter one or all. Cabela's is sponsoring the event and will award an ultimate ice fishing package worth thousands of dollars.
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas
- Site description: East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.