East Canyon Reservoir & State Park
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Ogden resident, Tom Dunn, fished with his father, uncle and grandpa on Saturday July 19. They fished from shore in the morning (7 to 9 a.m.) and caught nine fish, using worms for bait. Fishing seems to be best in the early morning hours. Park Manager Chris Haramoto reports that fishing has been great, especially for boaters. Shoreline fishing is fair to good. On Friday, one boater caught an 18-inch, four-pound bass that he planned to put on his wall. The tagged fish contest is still underway. Come up and catch a fish to win some great prizes! Many thanks to Tom and Chris for their reports.
- Location: Morgan County
- Directions: From I-80, take Highway 65 north to the reservoir (access closed during the winter). From Henifer, take Highway 65 to Highway 66 heading west to the reservoir.
- Type: State park
- Size: 685 acres
- Elevation: 5,705 feet
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Likely catch: Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass
- Possible catch: Brown Trout, Black Crappie, Tiger Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Campgrounds, picnic tables, boating, restrooms, beaches, swimming and concessions
- Handicap access: Some facilities in the State Park areas
- Site description: East Canyon State Park offers several recreation areas: Dixie Creek, Big Rock, Rivers Edge, Large Spring, and Mormon Flat. Though amenities vary by area, general park facilities include: Boat ramp, tent and RV camping, sites with full hookups, day and group-use areas, restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station and sewage disposal. Reservations may be made online at stateparks.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770 within the Salt Lake City area or toll-free at (800) 322-3770.