Green River below Flaming Gorge Dam
- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Anglers report good fishing for browns and rainbows. Try the winter combinations, either a top/bottom combination or streamer/bottom combination. For example, use grasshopper or large terrestrial on top followed by a scud or egg imitation as a trailer. Streamers are usually a fish imitation followed by a scud or egg. Lures are also working well. Try crankbaits, spinners, spoons and jigs in fish, crayfish, black, white, silver and gold colors.
- Location: Daggett County
- Directions: Drive 45 miles north of Vernal on US-191
- Type: Blue Ribbon
- Size: 800 to 8,000 cfs
- Elevation: 5,600 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Brown Trout, Mountain Whitefish, Rainbow Trout
- Possible catch: Common Carp, Cutthroat Trout
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: There are restrooms at Tailrace, Dripping Springs and Little Hole; boat ramps at Tailrace, Little Hole, Indian Crossing, Bridge Hollow, Swallow Canyon; and a trail along the river from the dam to Little Hole
- Handicap access: Accessible areas at the dam and Little Hole
- Site description: The Green River section from Flaming Gorge dam to Colorado border is split into three sections. Section A is from the dam to Little Hole. Section B is from Little Hole to Indian Crossing in Browns Park. Section C is from Indian Crossing to the Colorado/Utah border.
Section A is high gradient, B moderate and C is slow. Highest fish densities in section A, second highest in B, lowest in C. Most fishing pressure is in section A, then B and lowest in C. Access to B and C is limited to boat and gravel road.
New Zealand mudsnails have been documented in most areas of the river. Please thoroughly clean mud and vegetation from waders, boats and fishing gear. If possible, completely dry equipment before leaving the area. A hot water bath (120� F) will kill mudsnails, and spraying equipment with 409 or a similar soap solution before drying will increase effectiveness.