- Rating: Good
- Conditions: Fishing the deep, cold waters of Bear Lake can require special equipment. Bear Lake Biologist Scott Tolentino compiled an informational flyer that includes tips on how to fish at Bear Lake. He also listed other great fishing spots in Rich County for families and novice anglers. Send an email to email@example.com for a copy of the flyer.
- Location: Northern Utah
- Directions: From Logan, drive 38 miles east on Highway 89
- Type: State park
- Size: 70,000 acres
- Elevation: 5,924 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout, Lake Trout
- Possible catch: Bonneville Cisco
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Open to fishing for all ages
- Handicap access: This lake has handicap access in certain areas.
- Site description: Bear Lake provides a cold-water sport fishery mainly for cutthroat and lake trout. A Utah or Idaho fishing license is valid on the entire lake.
Bear Lake is located in a beautiful mountain setting and the blue color is produced by suspended carbonates in the water that reflect blue light.
Bear Lake and its tributaries have a number of special regulations. Please see the Fishing Guidebook for more information.