- Rating: Fair
- Conditions: The annual Bonneville whitefish spawn should be winding down in the next week. For updates on launching conditions, call 435-946-8501
- Location: Northern Utah
- Directions: From Logan, drive 38 miles east on Highway 89
- Type: State park
- Size: 70,000 acres
- Elevation: 5,924 feet
- Hours: No restrictions
- Likely catch: Cutthroat Trout, Lake Trout
- Possible catch: Bonneville Cisco
- Regulations: To see what statewide or special regulations apply to this waterbody, please read the current Fishing Guidebook.
- Site amenities: Open to fishing for all ages
- Handicap access: This lake has handicap access in certain areas.
- Site description: Bear Lake provides a cold-water sport fishery mainly for cutthroat and lake trout. A Utah or Idaho fishing license is valid on the entire lake.
Bear Lake is located in a beautiful mountain setting and the blue color is produced by suspended carbonates in the water that reflect blue light.
Bear Lake and its tributaries have a number of special regulations. Please see the Fishing Guidebook for more information.