Hardware Ranch extends a special invitation to all educators. Our programs correlate with the State Core Curriculum. Winter programs begin in December and will run until the end of February and are by reservation only.
To speak with the Assistant Manager/Education Coordinator please call 435-753-6206. You can also email me directly (preferred) at MarniLee@utah.gov.
We look forward to seeing you.
Assistant Manager and Education Coordinator
All About Elk
- All About Elk. All About Elk is Hardware Ranch's traditional school program, with a few new additions. The primary focus is on elk habitat, biology, natural history and Hardware Ranch. Students will enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride through our herd of elk (number dependant on weather). Students will build a habitat and discover the differences between antlers and horns.
- Programs are offered Mondays and Fridays. Call Marni for reservations.
Programs begin between 9:30am and 10am and are offered before we open to the general public. Availability depends on class size and staffing. The entire group will meet together for an introduction to the ranch. The student group is then split and rotated between three or four educational activities. Each rotation lasts approximately one half hour. Programs last approximately two hours. Later start times may be available on Mondays, depending on staffing.
We require reservations for school programs. Please contact Marni Lee (MarniLee@utah.gov) for more information or to make reservations.
School program policies
To qualify for a School program at the $1 ride rate you must meet the following criteria:
- Reservations are required and students must be enrolled in a public school or home school group.
- Due to our curriculum goals, students must be school age K-12, or a student of a university. We do not accept younger siblings during school programs.
- School programs take place during regular school hours, during the regular school year. They are offered on Mondays and Fridays during the winter season. They generally start between 9:30 and 10:00 and last 1.5 to 2 hours.
- School programs are offered to groups with a minimum size of 20 and maximum of 60. Larger groups may be accommodated on an individual basis, depending on our staff availability. Smaller groups may be put on a wait list and join with another group to meet the required 20.
- We accept one adult for every 10 students at the discounted rate. Any adults over will be charged full ride price and are discouraged. To many adults decrease the number of students we can put on the ride and therefore increase the number of rides needed. Due to our small staff, we cannot handle additional rides.
- We encourage you to have a minimum of one adult for each "group" of kids; we usually split students into groups of 3 or 4 depending on age and size of group.
If you are unable to meet the above criteria you are still welcome to visit the Ranch during our regular public hours and enjoy the ride for regular ride price. If staff is available, we may be able to do one 30 minute activity with your group.